Turmeric Chia Dessert (Recipe below video)
Featured on Nancy’s Kitchen Episode 5: Sushi Night
How to make a turmeric chia dessert
- 1 1⁄3 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- A pinch of turmeric (less is more in this case)
- 1⁄4 tsp ground ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cinnamon ( or cardamom or other spices)
- a good dash of allspice
- 1 tbsp orange preserves or zest of half a small orange
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or more to taste
- 1⁄4 cup + 2 tbsp chia seeds (2tbsp = 4g protein + 350mg Ca + 22g of Fiber + Omega 3 = over 9000mg)
- Clementine (garnish)
Step 1: Heat 1 cup of the plant-based milk, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, pepper over medium heat until just boiling. Take off heat.
Step 2: Add the rest of the plant-based milk, orange preserves, maple syrup and chia seeds and mix vigorously. Taste and adjust sweet, flavor if needed. Let it sit to cool completely for 10 to 15 minutes.
Step 3: Whisk the mixture vigorously again. The chia seeds should have expanded a bit and should distribute well.
You can directly serve at this point or pour into serving containers and chill for more hydrated chia seeds and thicker pudding. Garnish with whipped coconut cream and candied ginger and serve