Miso Soup (Recipe below video)
Featured on Nancy’s Kitchen Episode 5: Sushi Night
How to make miso soup in 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp miso (fermented foods have good gut bacteria)
- 1-2 tbsp kelp (Iodine + Iron + Cal)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mushrooms (Zinc + Ca + VitD)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (2 protein + 175mg Ca + 11g of Fiber + 4000mg of Omega 3)
- 1⁄2 cup firm tofu (9-10g protein)
- 1 cups hot water
Step 1: While water is boiling, cut tofu into small pieces and add them to a soup bowl or mason jar with kelp, mushrooms.
Step 2: Pour boiling water in bowl or mason jar, add chia seeds and stir.
Step 3: After one minute add the miso, stir and ready to serve.
We add miso in the end because boiling water destroys some of the key nutrients.